In today’s world, less is more. All of us want to achieve all our goals without doing much; this motto has been the core of all the bio-hacks we use today. The procrastinator in us encourages us to find ways to do everything; you can even call it smart laziness. The objective remains the same, which is why this article fits. It’s all about The performance enhancing smart drug everyone’s been raving about: Modafinil.
Modafinil is a beneficial drug which dramatically improves your alertness and wakefulness. In fact, the reason behind its rising popularity is the fact that it has numerous benefits. But, what is Modafinil? It’s a nootropic developed initially for treating narcolepsy and sleep disorders, but now, it’s used by the rich and successful. Talk to any Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Wall Street trader, or a Harvard student, they’ll tell you all about it. Modafinil is the best of its kind, why? We’ll let you know:
- It’s a eugeroic, not a stimulant which means it can promote wakefulness without any side effects commonly associated with stimulating drugs. In fact, there are hardly any withdrawal symptoms!
- Many religious users of Modafinil only have good things to say, because it has very few side effects!
- It makes you feel special. It has legendary capabilities of giving you amazing mental processing.
How Does Modafinil Enhance Your Brain and Mood?
Before we discuss how it affects your brain to give you superhuman feels, let’s talk about Modafinil’s effects that you experience as soon as you take it.
- It is a revered potion that significantly increases your resistance to fatigue so you can be more productive. It also improves your mood.
- It is the perfect product for people who want motivational boosts and improved vigilance.
- Modafinil has the unique ability to reduce the chances of you making a wrong decision.
- As it was initially founded to treat sleep disorders, it is not surprising that it’s highly effective when used for sleep disorder treatments such as sleep apnea.
- It has a profound effect on appetite too, which allows users to maintain a healthy diet.
- Another intriguing aspect is that its mechanism is the exact opposite of cocaine withdrawal mechanism, which is why it can be used to treat withdrawals. Others also use it for ADHD, considering Modafinil has no side effects such as that of Ritalin.
So, how does this happen? To break it down, Modafinil works by affecting the dopamine mechanism in the brain. It inhibits dopamine transporter enzymes; this greatly increases dopamine levels in the body. Dopamine makes people happier, which is how Modafinil positively changes one’s mood. It is also believed that it does the same for serotonin levels. Both of these neurotransmitters are essential for our mood and confidence levels which is why many doctors have begun prescribing it to people suffering from social anxiety and various other similar disorders.
Is Modafinil Safe?
We’ve discussed all the benefits of Modafinil, but we can’t just tell you it’s the best without any cons to it. Although few and rare, there are some risks attached to this eugeroic. Some of which are outlined below:
- Due to its effective and efficient results, many people abuse the drug for even more enhancements, this makes them hyper alert and makes it difficult for them to sleep.
- An extremely rare condition called Stevens-Johnson syndrome exists, sufferers of which can develop fatal rashes. The syndrome can be triggered by a variety of factors such as cocaine, psycholeptics, and Modafinil.
- You might want to get tests taken before using the above-mentioned drugs and Modafinil, to know how risky it is for you. While this isn’t entirely necessary, it is better to be safe.
- Again, it has been agreed that side effects of Modafinil are infrequent and have low cases, but some people can develop problems such as headaches. People who are migraine prone can experience more frequent headaches.
- Beginners may feel nausea and nervousness, but those subside as the dose become regular.
- As mentioned above, it may cause insomnia if used irregularly and excessively.
How To Dose Modafinil
The recommended dose is 200 mg daily; you are not supposed to exceed 400 mg. The treatment depends massively on your sleep disorder or the reason you were prescribed by your doctor.
If you’re just taking it for the superhuman feels, then 30-50 mg would be more than enough. You will see that its effects last for at least 6 hours. It is a prescribed drug, so talk your doctor into why you need it to ace your history exam or use a more pressing reason; your call. You can find supplies online too, but I didn’t tell you that. Ssh.
Alternatives To Modafinil
I get it; why go through the hassle of meeting your know-it-all doctor and convince him you need this insanely active drug to get the highest number of trades at your job (do it, do it) when you can just scavenge and find equally potent drugs, that you can get without a prescription. Some smart drugs that you can use are Adrafinil, Fluorenol, Pitosolan, and Qualia. But, guys, in all honesty; go for Modafinil.
When someone asks me about how they can get work done without getting high, my immediate response is showing them the almost limitless (pun intended, the movie was based on Modafinil) benefits of Modafinil. Remember friends, superhuman feels.